Internet of Things (IoT) is predicted to hit the mainstream by 2020, and 2019 is paving the way for it with increased research, investment and implementations of IoT. We saw lots of IoT surprises in 2018 with 7 billion connected IoT devices by the year-end. As per the predictions by Gartner, as reported by ET, “The number of connected things in use will go up to 25 billion by 2021, from 14.2 billion in 2019”.
So, it’s a definite fact that with tens of billions of data-emitting devices connected to the Internet, there will be great changes in the way we live, work, relax, and commute.
Read some of the top IoT trends and predictions in 2019. Here you go…
1. The Rise in Bundled Service Offerings
2. Rapid Emergence of Smart Cities
3. Profound Penetration in the Healthcare Industry
4. IoT to Boost Manufacturing Industry
5. Increased Security and Data Privacy
Source : Preethi Philip