Visuals can have an enormous impact on the success of your content marketing and social media campaigns. Images help to grow more traffic, clicks, and conversion. Photos, videos or infographics grab user attention much faster and more effectively than text. Image and video posts on social media receive more likes, shares, and engagement than text updates.
Stats and Facts for Visuals
- Our brain only needs 1/10 of a second to understand an image. Reading 200-250 words takes an average of 60 seconds.
- People remember visual information 6x better than the information they have read or heard.
- The click-through-rate (CTR) of a website is about 47% higher in sites containing images.
- Infographics grow 12% more traffic, and 200% more shares than posts without images.
- Content with relevant images gets 94% more views than content without relevant images.
- Tweets with images receive 18% more clicks and 150% more retweets than tweets without images.
- Facebook posts with images get over 3.2x more engagement than those without images.
- LinkedIn posts with images generate a 98% higher comment rate.
- Video generates 80% more conversion.
- According to Cisco Visual Networking Index, around 78% of all data traffic in 2021 will consist of videos.
Source : Social Media Today