Keyword research is the first step in the SEO copywriting process and an essential part of any SEO strategy. Before you write your website content, you need to think about which search terms you want to be found for and this means getting inside people’s heads to find out which words they use when searching. Then, you can use these exact terms in your content so that you start ranking for them. This is keyword research, and our ultimate guide will take you through the many steps involved.
- What is keyword research?
- Why is keyword research important?
- How to do keyword research
- Step 1: What is your mission?
- Step 2: Make a list of keywords
- Step 3: Look at search intent
- Step 4: Construct landing pages
- Long-term keyword strategy
- The importance of long tail keyword strategy
- What is the competition doing?
- Synonyms and related keywords
- Conclusion on keyword research for SEO
Source : Yoast